Falafel was a recipe I’ve been wanting to try for a while and when I finally made it, it didn’t dissapoint. It’s crispy yet soft, packed with flavor and the garlic dill tahini drizzle is a perfect finish for this dish.
Ingredients for Falafel
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped white onion
- 3 tsps garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp corn flour or any gluten free flour
Ingredients for Garlic Dill Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 cup Tahini Sauce (I use the one from Trader Joes )
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill
- Food Processor
- Set Oven to 400 degrees.
- Empty chickpeas from the can, drain and rinse them. Pat dry.
- In a food processor, add in 1/2 cup of cilantro and 1 tbsp of chopped white onion, mix til they are both finely chopped together.
- Then add in 3 tsps garlic powder, 1 tbsp ground cumin, pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, 3 tbsp corn flour and slowly add in the chickpeas. When you mix, be patient, try not to add water; only add a pinch if you need to but you want a ground up texture and you want it to be mostly dry!
- Put in the fridge for an hour. You wantthe batter mix to harden a little. If you don’t have time for this step you can skip but I reccomend you do it, if you have time!
- After an hour take the falafel out of the fridge and roll them into small balls, I use the Tbsp scoop for this. Perfect size! This receipe makes about 12 medium size falafel balls.
- Put the balls on a non stick baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Put them in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until golden.
- (You also can pan fry them in a cast iron skillet with some oil after baking them for a crispier finish, I like to do this time from time.
- Take your falafel out of the oven and plate them, I chose to eat them with baby spinach wrapped around it and dip it in my Garlic Dill Tahini Sauce!
- Enjoy! They last up to 4 days in the fridge, well wrapped!
Garlic Dill Tahini Sauce
- In a bowl add 1/2 cup of Tahini Sauce, 1 tsp Dill and 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Slowly add in a little water to make a thinner consistency.
- Drizzle on top of your falafel or use as a dip!
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it, if you do tag #sabrinaleablog on any
Follow my IG @sabrinaleablog