A few weeks ago my grandma, mom, sister and I had a girls weekend. We headed up north and had a wonderful relaxing weekend! We went to a winery, tea house, old town and a indian casino (where I actually won something!) It was a perfect weekend with my favorite women!
I specifically want to acknowlege the Tea House we went to called Kate’s. I have been twice before and it is seriously one of my favorite places to eat. From the darling little barn it’s in, the amazing service and the to die for food and tea! I always have a amazing experience and always want to go back!
Kate’s is located in Colombia, CA. Colombia is a old town in Northern California that you can visited and learn about the town and the history there! They pretty much have kept it the same and its fun to walk around and go in the stores! So if you are heading up north or traveling through or by Colombia stop by Kate’s! Even go just for a scone or a cup of tea its’s worth the journey!
Anyways I just wanted to share a few pictures of the weekend with you and one of my favorite little places to go and eat! I always get the Kale Tumeric salad, it has brussels sprouts, nuts, carrots, cabbage and the tumeric dressing has just enough flavor and zing to compliment the bitterness of the kale! One of the best salads I’ve had. I also love swiching up the tea I have each time because they have so many! The scones there are seriously amazing they even have a gluten free option there which is awesome especially because you dont find a good gluten free desert or baked good at most places!! The menu has a few daily specials, so they have limited quantity of somethings but all the food me and my family have had there is so good, a lot of soup, salad and sandwich options!!
YOUTUBE VIDEO ON THIS RECIPE HERE
Hey Everyone!! I’ve been going through a seriously Tofu obsession lately and I’m not even mad about it!!I got this idea after watching a Bonny Rebecca video and I decided I had to try it and I’m so glad I did! It’s fast, easy, under 10 minutes. The tofu is juicy with flavor, you have creaminess from the avocado and a wonderful crunch from the cucumber and spinach! This sandwhich leaves you wanting more!!
- Tamari ( gluten-free soy sauce)
- Gluten Free Bread ( my favorite brand is little bakehouse gluten free bread 100% plant based)
- baby green spinach
- vegan mayo
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- paprika powder
- cumin powder
- nutritional yeast
- Cut open your tofu drain the water, cut your tofu into thin slices.
- Set your cut tofu on a plate and pour Tamari making sure all the tofu is covered in soy sauce.
- Mixed 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp onion powder in a small bowl and sprinkle it over both sides of the tofu.
- Now set the plate of tofu to the side and let it marinate.
- In the mean time cut your vegetables; mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- Once you are done cutting your vegetables, go to the stove put a non stick pan on medium heat.
- Put your marinated tofu and the rest of the sauce from the plate into the pan and let it cook until the edges of the tofu are crispy. About 3 minutes contionouslt flipping the tofu.
- While the tofu is cooking toast your gluten-free bread. ( I use a toaster until the bread is lightly brown on the edges.)
- Once the tofu is crispy on the edges, take it off the pan and set it to the side.
- In the same pan you cooked the tofu, put in the cut mushrooms, add a little water and a dash of nutritional yeast to the pan and let it cook until the water has dissolved. It will cook in the left over flavor of the tofu.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked put them to the side
- Mash your avocado in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Now that your avocado is mashed, tofu and mushrooms are cooked and your bread is toasted it’s time to make your sandwich.
- First spread the vegan mayo on the bread, the mashed avocado (easier to spread when mashed), and then the tofu and mushrooms.
- On the other side of the bread add a generous about of baby green spinach, tomato and cucumber, as many as you like.
- Then your done!
- Enjoy your amazing sandwich!
If you are more a visual learner like me go check out my youtube video on this recipe and go show some love and a comment if you try this recipe out!!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe before going gluten free and vegan I rarely liked eating sandwiches. Now I find mysef eating them all the time!!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA link is down below!