Hey Everyone!! I’ve been going through a seriously Tofu obsession lately and I’m not even mad about it!!I got this idea after watching a Bonny Rebecca video and I decided I had to try it and I’m so glad I did! It’s fast, easy, under 10 minutes. The tofu is juicy with flavor, you have creaminess from the avocado and a wonderful crunch from the cucumber and spinach! This sandwhich leaves you wanting more!!
- Tamari ( gluten-free soy sauce)
- Gluten Free Bread ( my favorite brand is little bakehouse gluten free bread 100% plant based)
- baby green spinach
- vegan mayo
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- paprika powder
- cumin powder
- nutritional yeast
- Cut open your tofu drain the water, cut your tofu into thin slices.
- Set your cut tofu on a plate and pour Tamari making sure all the tofu is covered in soy sauce.
- Mixed 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp onion powder in a small bowl and sprinkle it over both sides of the tofu.
- Now set the plate of tofu to the side and let it marinate.
- In the mean time cut your vegetables; mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- Once you are done cutting your vegetables, go to the stove put a non stick pan on medium heat.
- Put your marinated tofu and the rest of the sauce from the plate into the pan and let it cook until the edges of the tofu are crispy. About 3 minutes contionouslt flipping the tofu.
- While the tofu is cooking toast your gluten-free bread. ( I use a toaster until the bread is lightly brown on the edges.)
- Once the tofu is crispy on the edges, take it off the pan and set it to the side.
- In the same pan you cooked the tofu, put in the cut mushrooms, add a little water and a dash of nutritional yeast to the pan and let it cook until the water has dissolved. It will cook in the left over flavor of the tofu.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked put them to the side
- Mash your avocado in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Now that your avocado is mashed, tofu and mushrooms are cooked and your bread is toasted it’s time to make your sandwich.
- First spread the vegan mayo on the bread, the mashed avocado (easier to spread when mashed), and then the tofu and mushrooms.
- On the other side of the bread add a generous about of baby green spinach, tomato and cucumber, as many as you like.
- Then your done!
- Enjoy your amazing sandwich!
If you are more a visual learner like me go check out my youtube video on this recipe and go show some love and a comment if you try this recipe out!!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe before going gluten free and vegan I rarely liked eating sandwiches. Now I find mysef eating them all the time!!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA link is down below!