Hey Everyone! The recipe I’m sharing with you today is my 5 minute easy pesto! I love making my own sauces! Pesto is one of my all time favorites, because it can go on so many things your pasta, your pizza, a sandwitch and even your potatoes! It’s so great to make a big batch and have it in your fridge to add it to a meal! It’s fast, easy and full of flavor!! If I ever mention a pesto sauce in a recipe, please refer here because this is what I will be using!!
- food processor or blender
- In a food processor add 2 heaping cups of freshly washed basil leaves ( no long stems), 3 tbsp unsalted almonds, 1 tbsp garlic powder OR 2 garlic cloves, juice of a whole lemon, 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper. Begin to mix
- Slowly add in 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and make sure all of the basil is being finely diced!
- Taste your pesto, make sure it tastes good, at this point add any thing until it’s to your satisfaction.
- For more of a sauce texture rather than a thicker paste, add more olive oil and maybe a little water.
- Your pesto is now done and ready to be used in your dish.
- If you have any left over pesto, be sure to refrigerate and cover it. I recommend putting it in a small mason jar!
- Good in the fridge for up to a week!
Making your own sauce at home is so satisfying and always tastes better than store bought!! It takes 5 minutes out of your day and it can be used in so many things! I’ve been wanting to make more recipes with pesto in them, so I wanted to have this recipe that you guys can all reference back to !
Today I used the pesto for GF Vegan pesto cheesy breadsticks and you bet this is gonna be one of my next recipes because it is to die for!!!
If you make my pesto, let me know! Leave a comment on how you liked it and what you used the pesto for! #sabrinaleablog
follow me on Instagram @sabrinaleablog
YOUTUBE VIDEO ON THIS RECIPE HERE
Hey Everyone!! I’ve been going through a seriously Tofu obsession lately and I’m not even mad about it!!I got this idea after watching a Bonny Rebecca video and I decided I had to try it and I’m so glad I did! It’s fast, easy, under 10 minutes. The tofu is juicy with flavor, you have creaminess from the avocado and a wonderful crunch from the cucumber and spinach! This sandwhich leaves you wanting more!!
- Tamari ( gluten-free soy sauce)
- Gluten Free Bread ( my favorite brand is little bakehouse gluten free bread 100% plant based)
- baby green spinach
- vegan mayo
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- paprika powder
- cumin powder
- nutritional yeast
- Cut open your tofu drain the water, cut your tofu into thin slices.
- Set your cut tofu on a plate and pour Tamari making sure all the tofu is covered in soy sauce.
- Mixed 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp onion powder in a small bowl and sprinkle it over both sides of the tofu.
- Now set the plate of tofu to the side and let it marinate.
- In the mean time cut your vegetables; mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- Once you are done cutting your vegetables, go to the stove put a non stick pan on medium heat.
- Put your marinated tofu and the rest of the sauce from the plate into the pan and let it cook until the edges of the tofu are crispy. About 3 minutes contionouslt flipping the tofu.
- While the tofu is cooking toast your gluten-free bread. ( I use a toaster until the bread is lightly brown on the edges.)
- Once the tofu is crispy on the edges, take it off the pan and set it to the side.
- In the same pan you cooked the tofu, put in the cut mushrooms, add a little water and a dash of nutritional yeast to the pan and let it cook until the water has dissolved. It will cook in the left over flavor of the tofu.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked put them to the side
- Mash your avocado in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Now that your avocado is mashed, tofu and mushrooms are cooked and your bread is toasted it’s time to make your sandwich.
- First spread the vegan mayo on the bread, the mashed avocado (easier to spread when mashed), and then the tofu and mushrooms.
- On the other side of the bread add a generous about of baby green spinach, tomato and cucumber, as many as you like.
- Then your done!
- Enjoy your amazing sandwich!
If you are more a visual learner like me go check out my youtube video on this recipe and go show some love and a comment if you try this recipe out!!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe before going gluten free and vegan I rarely liked eating sandwiches. Now I find mysef eating them all the time!!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA link is down below!