Hey Everyone! The recipe I’m sharing with you today is my 5 minute easy pesto! I love making my own sauces! Pesto is one of my all time favorites, because it can go on so many things your pasta, your pizza, a sandwitch and even your potatoes! It’s so great to make a big batch and have it in your fridge to add it to a meal! It’s fast, easy and full of flavor!! If I ever mention a pesto sauce in a recipe, please refer here because this is what I will be using!!
- fresh basil
- Nutrional yeast or vegan parmesan
- garlic powder or garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
- unsalted almonds
- a lemon
- food processor or blender
- In a food processor add 2 heaping cups of freshly washed basil leaves ( no long stems), 3 tbsp unsalted almonds, 1 tbsp garlic powder OR 2 garlic cloves, juice of a whole lemon, 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper. Begin to mix
- Slowly add in 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and make sure all of the basil is being finely diced!
- Taste your pesto, make sure it tastes good, at this point add any thing until it’s to your satisfaction.
- For more of a sauce texture rather than a thicker paste, add more olive oil and maybe a little water.
- Your pesto is now done and ready to be used in your dish.
- If you have any left over pesto, be sure to refrigerate and cover it. I recommend putting it in a small mason jar!
- Good in the fridge for up to a week!
Making your own sauce at home is so satisfying and always tastes better than store bought!! It takes 5 minutes out of your day and it can be used in so many things! I’ve been wanting to make more recipes with pesto in them, so I wanted to have this recipe that you guys can all reference back to !
Today I used the pesto for GF Vegan pesto cheesy breadsticks and you bet this is gonna be one of my next recipes because it is to die for!!!
If you make my pesto, let me know! Leave a comment on how you liked it and what you used the pesto for! #sabrinaleablog
follow me on Instagram @sabrinaleablog