Before making this meal I hated tofu. It’s probably because every time I had it prior there was absolutely no flavor! This tofu scramble changed the tofu game for me and my family. An easy breakfast meal you can make in minutes! You can customize it however you would like. I promise you will never miss an egg again after eating this.
Serves 1 to 2 people. ( I can eat a lot )
- 1 Slab organic extra firm tofu
- 4-5 Mushrooms
- Half or a whole tomato
- Handful of Organic baby spinach
- Tumeric powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic Powder
- Ground cumin
- Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
- black pepper
- Take your Tofu out of its packaging, empty out the water. Take a paper towel and dab the tofu til its dry.
- Rinse off and cut desired vegetables for your scramble, today I used 4 mushrooms, half a Roma tomato and a handful of organic baby spinach.( You can throw in bell peppers maybe whole onion or zucchini, but I’m very sensitive to those foods so i choose to stay away from them.)
- Once all your vegetables are cut, make your sauce.
- Making the sauce is so easy. In a small bowl add in 1/2 tsp Tumeric, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp Onion powder, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Seasoning and a splash of water. Then mix.
- Heat up your pan. I used a cast iron skillet. Turn on the stove to medium low heat.
- Take your slab of tofu and start to crumble it in the pan. Add a little splash of water so it doesn’t stick too much to the pan.
- Then add your mushrooms and spinach. Mix it all together and let it sit and cook for about 5 minutes or until most of the water is gone.
- Add your sauce and tomatoes in.
- Let it sit and cook while frequently mixing it together. Another 5 minutes.
- You can cook it for even longer so your tofu gets crispy but I like my tofu scramble a little fluffy so after a few minutes it’s done.
- Plate it, add a little salt and eat. ( I like to add salt after cooking )
I love this easy meal, I’ve been eating it a lot for breakfast lately with a piece of toast! It’ a nice change from my usual everyday breakfast smoothie. Give this recipe a try if you don’t like tofu I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
I plan on finding more ways of making Tofu enjoyable in the future keep an eye out for that!
Let me know if you make this recipe tag #sabrinaleablog on any of my social media’s or tag me I’d love to see!
Follow me on IG & Twitter @sabrinaleablog
Check out my YouTube and this video I made on this recipe to see if your more of a visual learner like me!