When I gave up gluten and dairy I never thought I would have an Alfredo pasta dish again. I recently had a major craving for it. So I searched around the internet for an easy and quick recipe. Then, I mixed a few recipes to make one of my own that would fit my dietary needs. Since then I’ve made this meal so much, I’m obsessed!
all natural cashews unsalted
Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast
half of a lemon
pink himalayan salt
- First, you need to soak a cup of the cashews in a hot bowl of water for a hour or more before you make the sauce
- Then drain the cashews, make sure they are soft
- In a blender, or food processor, add all the ingredients: 1 cup of soft soaked cashews, 1 cup of almond milk, half of a lemon juiced (or lime if preferred), 1/4 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp parsley, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt and 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- Now blend
- Taste the sauce, this is when you might have to adjust to your personal taste
- Now you can heat up your sauce in a saucepan or leave it cold. (taste great both ways)
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTA
Barilla gluten free pasta (best gluten free pasta I’ve found)
1 1/2 cup of broccoli and cauliflower
- First, bring a pot of water to a boil, add a large pinch of sea salt
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta to the pot and stir
- Let boil for 5 minutes
- Once the 5 minutes pass, add in 1 1/2 cup of broccoli and cauliflower (cauliflower is optional if you just want to use broccoli, go right ahead.)
- Let the pasta and broccoli cook together for another 5 minutes
- Strain the pasta and broccoli
- Add the alfredo sauce to pasta and stir
That is it you are DONE. How easy was that! This meal has been my go to lately, it’s quick and so satisfying.
Hope you enjoy xoxo
If you make this recipe, I would love to know how it goes! Leave a comment! Tell me your own personal additions to the dish!